Sunday, October 26, 2008

Random and sensual social fun!

So after waiting a mad two months or so ...

I finally got to attend the first official Houston Head-fi.org "meet" yesterday.

This is something that myself and a fellow head-fier decided to organize, starting about three months ago (really, he did all the work and he also had the money to put up for the rental space)

Anyway.

Boy howdy was it a fucking hoot!

I swear. If your not into the high end headphone/amp scene already ...

Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY FROM IT!! LMAO.

It will consume any and all of your excess money. It will quite possibly wreck your home and or marriage and it will devour your mind with it's incessant and constant need for ever more minuscule improvements in sonics.

Oh but it's a fucking hoot. I love it ...

Anyway ... I was proud to be able to demo my own humble equipment at the meet, an MHDT Havana DAC ($900.00), Grado RS1 Headphones ($750.00) and a Stello HP100 headphone amplifier ($600.00).

The prices are listed there to indicate that my system was among the least expensive there and not so much to brag. :-)


Compared to some of the other attendees set ups, though ...

Mine is just a drop in the proverbial head-fi bucket ...

Electrostatic "STAX" systems (at left) will curl your toes with their unbelievably detailed and spatious sound reproduction. That's about a four thousand dollar setup there.

Anyway ...

Met a bunch of nice folks and can't wait for the next one.

Here's me trying to figure out how to get the money for my next upgrade:

...


...


Really ...

It's worse than crack.


:-)


The jbhFILE.com Official Daily Blog

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
This blog is a supplementary text to my main website at: http://www.jbhfile.com. The purpose of this blog is to form a semi daily dialogue related to personal circumstances as outlined in jbhFILE.com. have fun.