Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Family Member Update

On May 12th, I delivered a three page document to a certain family member that was meant to generally describe my current status in regards to my ongoing efforts to expose an ongoing investigation of myself.

This is a family member who I have updated many times in the distant past; however, as with involving the majority of my direct family members, I have since restricted this person's involvement to a general minimum of one update per year.

The update is necessary now for a number of reasons.

I have posted below, in italics, the contents of this message so as to better make public the unique circumstances of my upcoming weeks which have made an update to family members necessary:

...

Dear, xxxxxxxx

Just wanted to say a few things via letter regarding my many claims over the past five to six years of having knowledge of an investigation of myself.

As you've probably noticed, I no longer discuss such matters with you (or most other family members) and this is for a couple of reasons:

Number one, I've got a full time website discussing the details of the circumstances, a website built first and foremost to pre-empt any wrongful incrimination attempts upon myself and secondly to document my monthly legal efforts in attempting to prove the investigation actually exists.

Secondly, I honestly feel you don't have the mind to entertain such very real possibilities as my being under investigation for primarily computer related crimes, and therefore have felt more comfortable keeping you out of the loop.

I have, however, regularly updated several of my personal acquaintances and friends and so just wanted to reiterate that all of my previously mentioned (past five years) concerns are still very much legitimately ongoing concerns for me.

This is not to say that such concerns cause me any daily duress, however. And, again, especially since making my awareness of the facts public via my website.


Why a Letter Now?

I'm beginning to do some side web design contract work and frankly, I just want it on record in a number of places that this is the case.

Point being, should I complete this upcoming work and then, should this clients personal website or computer equipment be somehow later compromised via some criminal activity by another, then the obvious starting point insofar as an investigation would be a knock on my door, and perhaps a not too soft one at that.

Anyway, my goal in such a case and my only real defense is to already have public statements such as this in place.

And regarding computers, the Internet and criminal activity:

You don't know much about these things, but the simple version of the explanation is this: when a client asks one such as myself to design a web page for them, they put a great deal of trust in me as a provider of a service.

To complete the work, I will have complete access to the intimate details of their personal "space" on the internet (where their site is 'hosted,' that is); meaning, of course, and at least for the short period of development work I do for them ... I will have access to their passwords and otherwise data necessary for the upkeep of their website.

I of course am quite skilled in such work and have always seen to such with the utmost professionalism and respect and this will be the case in this upcoming work.

Yet, on the flip side of this, and in the wrong hands, such sensitive data can be horribly misused by others for all sort of criminal activity: publishing inappropriate content via their website, hacking other computers online and a host of other sorts of rather common criminal misuses of the Internet.

And, it is quite easy to set up another to seem like the culprit.

That said, I digress.


If it Happened, What Would Authorities Argue?

Regarding the client(s) I intend to do work for in the near future, and should some criminal activity be later attributed to these web sites and my role in them, what would be the explanation?

I mean, as crazy as it might sound to you, still consider the following:

I've written letters such as this, expressing my awareness of an investigation of myself; I have constructed websites to document my legal processes; I've made regular and properly prepared legal requests to federal and local authorities and have even begun a process of verbally transcribing my entire website for archival to a library site on the internet.

So, in the event of my actually being incriminated around some activity involving use of computers or the Internet, how exactly could such supposed criminal activities on my part be explained?

Those involved in the investigation, almost assuredly, would argue some nonsense such as the following:

  1. I did the thing and didn't know it cause I was on drugs or otherwise intoxicated and in a blackout.
  2. I did the thing and didn't know it cause some biological or otherwise mental illness is to blame; resulting in my (as with the second) doing something I was not conscious of doing.

At my main website (www.jbhfile.com), if you ever care to take time to read, I go to great lengths to make public my knowledge of the investigators desire to create the impression of memory dysfunction ... especially if 'they' can make it look like mental illness or drug/alcohol related.

I know that sounds extreme, far-fetched and unlikely, and having to actually some day entertain any of the above mentioned explanations for some personal incrimination really would be extreme, far fetched and unlikely!

But for the sake of this letter, which is merely meant to be a legally binding public statement, I have to explore such wildest of possibilities, if only as hypothetical.


Your Business

As I've expressed in the past, I respect the opportunity you provide me insofar as occasional work, even if only a day or two a week.

To be honest ... a day or two is all I could ever handle but nonetheless, I still appreciate you making such opportunity available.

That said; do know that I treat your personal business and my role in it with the greatest respect.

I feel compelled to reiterate this, even though I know you already understand this, due to the fact that over the past few months several new factors have arisen:

  1. I've become privy to certain of your personal online financial information and should any future fraud or mis-use arise around any of this information in the near or distant future, then I want statements such as this on public record. I of course mean my ongoing efforts in helping you with your money market stuff, etc.

  2. Also, recently I was informed of where the ladies in the office keep the petty cash; this is something, historically, I've never been aware of. And, as with the above-mentioned concern, should any discrepancies arise around such financial matters, I will feel better if statements such as this are on record.

  3. Finally, the somewhat recent fraud on your credit card accounts was sort of a wake up call to me (despite your personal beliefs) and so thought it wouldn't hurt to mention it.

What I've been doing over the past three years or so

As I've mentioned, I keep you out of the loop regarding my efforts to obtain data related to the investigation.

I understand your only recourse is to argue such circumstances away as mental illness or otherwise and, though unfortunate, I believe this is all you possess the ability to truly deem possible.

But, for the record, over the past three years, my efforts to both publicize my awareness of the investigation as well as legally seek proof of the same, have far from diminished. If anything such actions have increased and grown far more mature.

I in fact adhere to a near monthly schedule of letter writing, legal appeals and additions to my various personal web projects in the interest of keeping this personal fight alive and current.

The alternative, frankly, and regardless of your ability to entertain such possibilities as real, would be to allow some event perpetrated against me to result in my having to forfeit my rights to use computers and otherwise be wrongfully incriminated in a manner which would make my own personal sovereignty and freedom forfeit.

Sounds crazy, I know ... and truth is, I don't hold it against you for making fun on certain occasions.

That said and knowing the truth of things, these sorts of occasional, if only yearly when regarding you and others, are necessary.

With much love,
Joel.


-------------------------------------------------------
this post is intended to be supplemental to the facts made public in my main website, http://www.jbhfile.com/; it probably will not make much sense to you if you have not already made yourself aware of the legal and personal efforts discussed in that site. please see http://www.jbhfile.com/ for a necessary introduction into why this blog exists. or, if you just like reading weird stuff, then don't. and, enjoy.
-------------------------------------------------------

jbh.

-------------------------------------------------------

The jbhFILE.com Official Daily Blog

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
This blog is a supplementary text to my main website at: http://www.jbhfile.com. The purpose of this blog is to form a semi daily dialogue related to personal circumstances as outlined in jbhFILE.com. have fun.