Tuesday, June 26, 2007

FOIPA Appeal Closed!

My most latest Administrative Appeal made to the U.S. Department of Justice (D.O.J.), as of yesterday, has been closed by the D.O.J.

A brief note ...

The Administrative Appeal process is a legal process wherein a citizen can personally seek administrative oversight regarding a previous Freedom of Information (FOIPA) request which produced data incommensurate with the requesters expectations (in my case this would be, of course, null findings regarding any existing records of myself as a person of interest).

I have been through the Administrative Appeal process many times in the past five years or so ... just check the legal actions log at my main site; furthermore, this is the first time in the history of my seeking data from federal agencies, that the appeal process has taken more than a month ... much less a full year!

Anyway ...

I'm simply going to post a copy of the letter here on my blog and will author a more lengthy and descriptive article which will be published at my main website: http://www.jbhfile.com

As with the FOIPA request that initially required that I file this most recent and very winded Administrative Appeal process, there are some interesting aspects to the particular language and choice of words used by the responder ... I'll discuss the unique nature of this particular appeal in the final article published to jbhfile.com

For the time being, here's a scan of the letter recieved yesterday:



Otherwise, this is good news overall ... as I can now continue my somewhat regular, if not a bit modified (after this appeal) process of making FOIPA requests.

More later.



-------------------------------------------------------
this post is intended to be supplemental to the facts made public in my main website, http://www.jbhfile.com/; it probably will not make much sense to you if you have not already made yourself aware of the legal and personal efforts discussed in that site. please see http://www.jbhfile.com/ for a necessary introduction into why this blog exists. or, if you just like reading weird stuff, then don't. and, enjoy.
-------------------------------------------------------

jbh.

-------------------------------------------------------

The jbhFILE.com Official Daily Blog

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
This blog is a supplementary text to my main website at: http://www.jbhfile.com. The purpose of this blog is to form a semi daily dialogue related to personal circumstances as outlined in jbhFILE.com. have fun.