Thursday, August 15, 2024

Work Log 08/15/24

 THRS 08/15/24:

  • THURS BEGINS JOEL/DAD AGREED UPON “WORKING OTHER JOB” TIME WHICH IS THURS THRU SUN AS TO EMULATE THE POSSIBLE AMZ POSITION I MIGHT BE ABLE TO RETURN TO ANY GIVEN WEEK

  • Cat litter/bathroom clean/house vac

  • Checked printer paper and shredder bins

  • Emptied shredders and took city bins out for pickup

  • Stopped by shop to lend an ozone generator to owners of ETXParts at our shared brick/mortar shop addresses so as to treat a newly acquired space with "dank" issues.

  • Assisted DAD with finding a TGS invoice needed for pricing; ensured audio log was captured and suggested, as I have countless times (tactfully) that I am not going to be available at certain times in the coming weeks and that I’m genuinely attempting to assist him when I suggest, “you should just take a photo of every new invoice you make out, Dad.” … going on (see audio log) to calmly and honestly comment that I do it all day every day, myself and find it essential as a tool …  and it’s the obvious solution to needing to access data exchanged daily. I took care here as it’s truly a valuable archival tool. But as with many times before, he seemed nearly offended at my suggesting such a simple, immediate fix to a recurring problem that requires six to 10 more steps to solve than just taking a photo of each invoice, per client, once finalized (IE: call to me (while I’m working on several other things at once totally unrelated and on my "other company day"), asking me to hunt down a paper invoice, then asking that I photograph that invoice (if I can find it) and “shoot me a copy” so I can ensure the pricing is consistent.” … my then having to crop and message the invoice that he could have just taken a photo of yesterday when he made it out lol.

  • looked into cancelling DAD CapONE Spark card after having to pay the 5x.xx yearly fee and thought it best to discuss just leaving the card open until before the next yearly billing since the upcoming year has been paid for. 

  • Assembled and installed new Fujitsu Scansnap scanner; the 2019 OG unit we had died today and so had to ASAP replace as it’s central to batch invoicing and statements creation


-------------------------------------------------------
This post supplements the facts made public on my main website, http://www.jbhfile.com/; it probably will not make much sense to you if you have not already become aware of the legal and personal efforts discussed there. Please see http://www.jbhfile.com/ for a necessary introduction to why this blog exists. Or, if you just like reading weird stuff, then don't. And, enjoy.
-------------------------------------------------------
jbh.

The jbhFILE.com Official Daily Blog

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
This blog is a supplementary text to my main website at: http://www.jbhfile.com. The purpose of this blog is to form a semi daily dialogue related to personal circumstances as outlined in jbhFILE.com. have fun.